Saturday, April 9, 2011

Donation Quilts

For the past couple of years, I've been working with an organization called Quilts for Kids which deals with, can you guess? Quilts for children. This is a, now, international organization that distributes quilts for kids, mostly in hospitals.
This organization makes it really easy to contribute: They send you pre-cut fabric, and a pattern sheet. You sew the pieces, provide batting and make a quilt from the fabrics they give you. Then you ship it back. The work you do, plus paying for shipping, is your contribution. Also, if you want to include another quilt, from your own fabric, that meets the size specifications, they'll be glad to accept it.

I've done 5 or so quilts for them so far, and have included 3 "stash" quilts.

Here is the latest quilt I've made for them:

and a close up:
I love being able to do good, and help out, especially when I get to do it while doing something I love. Another part of the fun is getting to work with colors I would not necessarily choose myself. Some of their fabrics are REALLY bright! I really like the blue fabric in this one though...

I have a link to the organization's website on the bottom of the page you're reading. Check it out if you're interested.
Time for me to request another kit!

No comments:

Post a Comment