Tuesday, December 11, 2012

As Promised...


So, while it's true I am back to sewing, and really loving that, it's also true that the projects on which I am currently working are intended as gifts, which means I cannot post about them until after they are received by their respective recipients. To carry us through until then, here are some cross-stitch projects:
This is the second cross stitch I made (the first one is hanging on the wall in my office, and I've been forgetting to bring the camera to work to take a picture of it). I made this for my eldest as she was embarking on a serious, transformative journey. The butterfly had come to symbolize this journey of hers, for me, and was a frequently recurring image/sighting/metaphor. This seemed a fitting gift.
Here's a close up:



 

This is the second one I made, for a friend who'd moved to New Mexico, looking for peace, a slower pace of life, and tranquility:


 Close up? Sure!





And the third one, most recently completed, for my youngest, who loves loves loves horses:

This kid (14 years old now!!) has loved horses since she was old enough to say "horsie", and probably before. She loves them.
Notice the horse in the cloud?
That is the reason I chose this particular pattern.

These are all counted cross stitch patterns (I call them cross stitch by numbers), which makes them ideal for when I am too tired to do any meaningful brainwork. They've been keeping me creative and have provided much needed relaxation during all these sewing-free months of my hiatus. I am working on another one right now, though back to sewing, and will have more to post soon.
Yay for creative outlets!

No comments:

Post a Comment