Friday, October 29, 2010

A Recent Project

My good friend Miki's due to have a baby in 2 weeks. I've known Miki for about 10 years now. We met when my youngest was 2 years old, and my eldest was 5. Miki and I were housemates for about 3 years and during that time we became friends. Fast forward years later, my girls are 12 and 15, Miki is married and about to have a baby. This is a much-wanted baby; her parents (yes, it's a girl), had gone to some trouble to conceive her. And when Miki told me the news I was thrilled!
I knew I would make them a quilt, and knew it had to be filled with colors, and life, but not be overwhelmingly colorful. Not too "busy", if you know what I mean.
As luck would have it I was fooling around with a pattern that called for strips of many different colors at the time, which was easily done with scraps of fabric. This worked well for me as I have decided to trim down my fabric stash. In fact, this quilt is made entirely of fabrics I had in my studio sewing room.
I call it Ducking Around:
And here's a close up:

I gave it to the expectant parents a few weeks ago at their baby shower. Both were thrilled and the quilt is waiting for its owner to join us here on the outside.
When I know the baby's name I will amend the quilt name to "Ducking Around with ________"
 Addendum: The baby's name is Audrey so, Ducking Around with Audrey. Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment