Tuesday, November 2, 2010

A Bed Spread for my parents

Many moons ago, I made my parents a bed spread. This was one of my first projects, and I remember I was working from a book, out of which I think I ended up doing at least 80% of the projects. This one enabled me to use scraps from the fabrics I'd bought for some of the clothes I made for my girls when they were little. I had been sewing for about 5 years at this point, quilting for 4 of them, and I wanted to try my hand at a big project. When my mom admired some of the baby quilts I'd done, I decided to make a queen sized bed spread for my parents' bed:
And a close up:
You can see in this close up that I did not calculate the fabric correctly and so ran out of the burgundy sashing fabric. Oh well.
My parents like it, and I learned a lot from making this quilt, namely triangles and angles. Matching u those angles is tricky to learn sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment