Tuesday, December 28, 2010


Earlier I posted about a quilt I'd made for a friend's daughter, Audrey, and you can read about it here: http://quiltjourneysofmidnightglory.blogspot.com/2010/10/recent-project.html. Part of the fun about that quilt was the scrappiness of it, and the fact that it enabled me to make use of my fabric stash. In fact, it was so much fun, I decided to make another one, posted about here: http://quiltjourneysofmidnightglory.blogspot.com/2010/11/new-baby-quilt.html
Then I made this one.

And a close up:

The inner block is a dolphin fabric I used for a different baby quilt and the strips are all from my wall o'fabrics.
I enjoyed making these, and it was great to see how one pattern can have such different feels to it, depending on the color palette I used. This last one is also different from the others in that the blocks have yellow sashing. I felt that the piece was turning out too dark, and was deliberating how to lighten it up. When I talked to AJ about it, he suggested light sashing, in a fabric that was not too busy. Perfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment